“You are the instrument of God to change
the lives and hearts of hundreds and
thousands in need.”
DATES: Monday, June 17 – 24, 2013
LOCATION: Higuey, Dominican Republic
AIRPORT: Punta Cana
LODGING: Hotel Don Carlos in Higuey
WHO CAN GO: Anyone age 15 or older
COST: Total Personal Cost is $1,500 per person ($825 airline ticket, $375 room/board, $300 materials)
• Deposit: $800 (due with application)
• Second Payment of $400: (due by the First Meeting on May 4, 2013 at 10:00 am)
• Third Payment of $300: (due by the Second Meeting on June 1, 2013 at 11:00 am)
Application deadline is April 8, 2013. Selection for participation on the mission trip is based on timely submission of your deposit and application and a review of your application responses. Application selection is conducted by members of the Mission Board. If the number of applications received by the deadline exceeds the number of spots available there will be a random drawing for all available spots. A full refund will be given to any application not selected in the random drawing. Please make sure your application is returned on time. We want and need you to join us in caring for those most in need.
• Passports take several months to be processed. In order to expedite the process (receive a passport in 6 – 8 weeks), there is an additional $60 fee.
• Visit http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/pubs/pubs_854.html or www.usps.com/passport for all necessary details.
• Fees are $110 if you are over 16 and $80 if you are under 16. You will also have a $25.00 execution fee to be paid to the facility where you are applying for your passport.
3 Copies of your health insurance card and passport (must be legible)
Immunizations: (available from the County Health Department)
Please make arrangements to visit one of the following Health Departments minimally 10 weeks prior to the trip.
• Medina County Health Dept. (330-723-9688 ), Cuyahoga County Travel Clinic (216-201-2041)
• Necessary immunizations and medications include: Hepatitis A & B, Tetanus, Typhoid, and Malaria pills
If you are over 18, you must be Virtus trained (www.virtus.org) NO EXCEPTIONS
The registration packet includes the necessary registration forms, contact information, medical information, background info, consent forms and information about personal fundraising.
Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Need to know what to pack? Check the Packing List.